Best Practices for Entrepreneurs to expand on-demand Delivery App
The coronavirus pandemic, which began as a global health crisis, has transformed as a global economic crisis, as well. Governments are extending nation-wide lockdowns to curb the transmission rate. Industries, all across the world, have incurred heavy losses owing to the pandemic. People are stranded with limited movements. Even if they step out for essential services, people return home empty-handed. Now, one major industry that has been flourishing right from the onset of the pandemic is the on-demand delivery app industry.
On-demand delivery apps saw an unprecedented surge with people looking for alternative ways to access services. With doorstep services, people’s fears of contracting the disease are reduced significantly. Already existing delivery app services are thriving in the flourishing market and are gaining increased profits more than ever. If you are a budding entrepreneur looking to capitalize on this situation, this blog is right for you. In this blog, we’ll discuss how to venture into the market with delivery app development solutions.
Why do people prefer on-demand apps in this quarantine situation?
There are certain popular reasons why people prefer on-demand apps. Let’s discuss them here,
- Rapid services: People stepping out for essential services need to wait for a long time outside stores to access them. However, by ordering with these apps, they get instant services. Moreover, they needn’t wait outside any stores. This provides a convenient and instant way for people to access services.
- Affordable services: People find services offered by these apps cheap and affordable. This is because they have the option of choosing from a variety of service providers according to their interests. As a result, affordability dramatically adds to the popularity of these apps.
- Transparency in services: With these apps, people have complete control over their orders. This way, they needn’t worry about the safety of deliveries. With a real-time tracking feature, people get to know the status of their orders and the estimated time of delivery, as well. This brings about transparency in the entire system, leading to increased customer satisfaction.
With rapid, affordable, and transparent services, people prefer on-demand delivery apps over others.
What are the ways of developing a delivery app?
Ideally, there are two ways of developing an online delivery platform. Let’s discuss them here,
- Developing an app from scratch: Entrepreneurs can develop a delivery application right from scratch. In this type, you’ll have to do a market study, analyze your requirements, and approach freelance developers or companies to develop the app. This type is usually time-consuming and incurs a high budget, as well.
- Approaching companies for clone apps: Clone apps are those apps that can be launched instantly into the market. Your task of analyzing requirements and developing the app is taken care of by these companies. One of the significant advantages of clone apps is that they are cost-effective and ready to launch.
While the former way is followed traditionally, the latter can produce instant results and can aid budding entrepreneurs to venture into the market easily.
What are the popular services that are of demand in the market?
As per the saying, “Strike the rod while it is hot,” make sure you provide services that are of demand in the market. Some of the popular services include,
- Grocery deliveries: Groceries are inevitably the most sought-after services in this pandemic. In the wake of panic buying, people are piling up their inventories with groceries. People in need of services do not get groceries. Hence, a grocery delivery platform must be your first choice service.
- Food deliveries: Major restaurants across the town have turned empty. They are managing their business entities by transforming themselves into delivery and takeaway outlets. As a result, food delivery apps are experiencing increased traffic ever since the start of the lockdown. Grubhub, a popular online food delivery platform, has signed with almost 20,000 restaurants in March alone.
- Medicine deliveries: Patients with monthly medications cannot access pharmacies or hospitals. This is because the chances of contracting the disease are significantly high. Hence, medicine delivery platforms can come in handy to those people in need of medicines. With the rise in telemedicine apps, the market for medicine deliveries is also set to grow exponentially.
What are the features to be integrated into an on-demand delivery app?
Most popular apps in the market focus more on their features. This is because features improve the sustainability of the app in the market. A comprehensive delivery app solution comes with,
- User app
- Delivery professional app
- Service provider app
- Admin panel
Let’s discuss certain features worth considering in these apps,
Features of User app:
- User registration: Users can register in the app with their different social media handles.
- Search and filter options: Users can search and sort out different products based on various filter options available in the app.
- Real-time tracking: Users can track their orders instantly with the help of this in-app navigation feature.
- Payment options: Users can pay for their orders with different payment gateways available in the app, including credit, debit cards, digital wallets, etc.
- Ratings and reviews: Users can share their experience in the form of ratings and reviews. This feedback mechanism helps in improving your app.
Features of the Delivery professional app:
- Availability toggle: Delivery professionals can toggle between their availability with this feature.
- Accept/Reject requests: Delivery workers can accept or reject user requests according to their interests.
- In-app chat/call facilities: Users and delivery providers can communicate with one another for any queries and specific instructions through this feature.
- In-app navigation: With this feature, delivery workers are provided with the shortest and optimized routes, leading to the conservation of time and energy.
Features of Service provider app:
- Manage products: With this feature, service providers can manage products based on various categories and their availability.
- Earning details: Service providers get to know their daily, weekly, and monthly earnings with this feature.
- Minimum order amount: Service providers can set the minimum order amount above which deliveries can be made.
Features of Admin panel:
- Delivery radius: Admins can manually set the delivery radius up to which service providers can provide deliveries.
- Surge pricing: Admins can provide surge pricing in areas of higher demand, leading to increased revenue.
- God’s eye view: With this feature, admins can manage all activities happening around the app from a single place.
- Heat Map: Admins get to know areas of higher demand with this feature and can reroute delivery professionals to cope up with the demand.
How can one provide multiple delivery services from a single app?
With an increasing buzz around the market, people are looking to access multiple services from a single app. This way, people needn’t switch across different apps to manage different services. This has led to the development of the multi-services app in the market.
While apps like Gojek have already entered the scene, the market is so vast that it can house multiple players. App development companies can provide you with a Gojek clone app. With this multi-services app, more than 50 services, including multiple delivery services, can be accommodated in the app.
The market for delivery services is growing exponentially since the start of the pandemic. People prefer these on-demand delivery apps as they come with a variety of benefits to offer. Also, there are several popular services worth considering in this quarantine season. Integrating key features into the app can scale the app in the market. Moreover, with a multi-services app, you can offer multiple deliveries on the go. What are you waiting for?
Approach an app development company and get a comprehensive delivery app development solution today!
- Rosh Hashanah
- Deion Sanders
- Van Hunt
- CelticsMiami Heat, heat vs celtics, boston celtics, Heat, Jimmy Butler, celtics vs heat, Gordon Hayward
- Duncan Robinson
- Terry Bradshaw
- Olivia Troyebiden town hall
- 1619 Projectmosinee wi
- Thursday Night FootballBrowns, bengals vs browns, Cleveland Browns, Bengals, browns vs bengals, NFL Network, Joe Burrow, cincinnati bengals, Baker Mayfield, Kareem Hunt, how to watch thursday night football, Joe Buck, Nick Chubb, browns game, browns bengals, browns score, Jarvis Landry
- Tatiana Maslany